Biomass boilers are well suited for commercial heating applications comfortably meeting high heat demands. We regularly finance biomass boiler systems for:
- Care homes
- Leisure centres
- Golf clubs
The market for biomass boilers is estimated to be growing at around 60% per year and we are funding a growing number of systems for a various large businesses across the UK. Biomass boilers offer an alternative to fossil fuelled boilers, in particular oil-fired boilers which are the main option for areas where mains gas is not available.
We can arrange business finance and leasing
- Full Range of Fröling Products
- URBAS Large Scale Biomass Solutions
- Starchl Wood Chippers
- Fliegl Biomass Trailer / Blower
- Dorn-tec Wood Handling Equipment
- Auer Woodchip Blowers
- Herz heating solutions
- Kohlbach biomass boiler
Biomass is a renewable, low carbon fuel that is already widely available throughout the UK. Its production and use also brings additional environmental and social benefits. Correctly managed, biomass is a sustainable fuel that can deliver a significant reduction in net carbon emissions when compared with fossil fuels.
Benefits of using biomass as a sustainable fuel
- Correctly managed, biomass is a sustainable fuel that can offer a wide range of benefits:
- Biomass is a “carbon lean” fuel producing a fraction of the Carbon emissions of fossil fuels.
- Biomass can be sourced locally, from within the UK, on an indefinite basis, contributing to security of supply.
- UK sourced biomass can offer local business opportunities and support the rural economy.
- The establishment of local networks of production and usage, allows financial and environmental costs of transport to be minimized. There is no region in the UK that cannot be a producer of biomass.
- The use of biomass fuel provides an economic incentive to manage woodland which improves biodiversity. click here for more details (pdf 117kb)
- Many biomass fuels generate lower levels of such atmospheric pollutants as sulphur dioxide, that contributes to ‘acid rain’. Modern biomass combustion systems are highly sophisticated, offering combustion efficiency and emission levels comparable with the best fossil fuel boilers. See our facts and figures section for more information.
- Biomass residues, arisings, co-products and waste not used for energy, or some other application will usually rot. This will generate CO2 in any case, and may also produce methane (CH4), a greenhouse gas 21 times more potent that CO2.